B Caskie Photography
Photographer serving Virginia, DC, Maryland
Basic Package Rate
I have access to a variety of interesting locations in the area. These indoor and outdoor settings offer bright, natural lighting ideal for portraiture. Of course, you may select a spot that you particularly like; your own backyard or a nearby park.
Cost is $200 for 2 hours (Up to 2 people per session. Each additional subject $25 extra).
- Thorough pre-session consultation
- Session Planning
- Travel back and forth to location or use of studio
- Lighting set up
- Hour and a half to two hour photo sitting
- Review of images for deletes or editing
- Posting to web site for client review
- Photoshop retouching for color, exposure, spot removal of blemishes and stray hairs
- Save to thumb drive with 10 final images of your choosing
- Taxes, insurance, postage
- Each image will be sized for 8x10 and 5x7 printing. They will be provided in high resolution suitable for printing as well as low resolution for Internet uploading.
- Models may want 9.5x12 @ 300ppi. I will provide that at no extra charge.
- Black and white images can be provided upon request.
- Quotation for printing, matting, and framing
You will find that I provide images to you quickly. I typically begin posting the un-retouched images within 24-48 hours of the shoot so that you may make your final selection. Over a period of a few days, you can expect to receive the final lower resolution images of all selected images. After all images are processed, a thumb drive is provided with both the low and high resolution copies included.
Geographic coverage includes the Washington DC/Baltimore metro area.
Please be prepared to make payment at the end of the session. Payment shall be made by check or in cash. Credit cards are not accepted as a form of payment at this time. A 5% Virginia Tax will be added to all orders.
- Customized Packages
- Licensing Agreements for commercial images
- Professionally printed images
- Matting and Framing (recommended)
- Other photo printing services: announcements (birth, wedding, christening, engagement), holiday cards, business cards, and invitations
- Make-up artists and wardrobe stylists
Portrait Session Tips
- Arrive with clean hair and minimal makeup
- Be in a good mood; well-fed and well-rested
- Wear a comfortable but loose fitting outfit from home that will not leave lines on your skin
- Bring 2-3 complete outfits. The more colorful the better but solids only, no patterns. Bright whites and reds should be avoided. I want to capture the real you. I do a variety of poses including full length and head shots, so bring shoes and jewelry that complement your outfits.
- For family sessions, bring at least 2 complete outfits. Denim with white shirts or solid black outfits give family portraits a very sharp look. The same style or similar colors make portraits something to remember. If you have questions or can't decide, I can help you to choose the right wardrobe.
- Bring your own props. This gives your portrait a personalized touch. Things like military or sports uniforms, musical instruments or even pets, can make a great addition to your portraits.
- Plan on about 30 minutes to prepare and 90 minutes for your photography session.
- I want you to feel free to express your likes and dislikes to your makeup artist and to me as your photographer. This will help me to personalize your session. I want you to LOVE your portraits.